STRENGTHENING SLOVENIAN-AUSTRIAN CROSS -BORDER COOPERATION FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF LOW CARBON TECHNOLOGIES
Green hydrogen technologies
Thursday, 17. 6. 2021, 9.15 – 14.30
Online-hybrid event – Maribor, Slovenia
Research centres, educational institutions, and companies in Slovenia and Austria have a lot of knowledge and innovative potential in the field of low-carbon technologies and green hydrogen technologies. These are recognized in terms of environmental sustainability and sustainable society at the European level, but at the national level, their contribution remains largely untapped due to insufficient integration between key stakeholders. Enhanced cooperation would also contribute to greater recognition of these technologies in society and thus to more competitive processes for the production of green hydrogen and its wider use and application in the transport and industrial sectors.
In the plenary session, speakers will present policies on hydrogen technology, research knowledge, and technological achievements in the business and industrial sectors.
The workshop “Paving the way for the Roadmap on low-carbon technologies: a common Slovenian-Austrian agenda” will focus on developing the guidelines (objectives, measures, expected results, target groups, and time frame) for more effective interregional cooperation in the field of green hydrogen technologies between Slovenian and Austrian companies, research centers, educational institutions, public administration, and NGOs.
The results will be used to define the challenges and prepare guidelines for the draft of the Roadmap on low-carbon technologies in Slovenia and Austria, to be finalized and handed over in 2022.
09:15 Opening – An ambitious agenda of the project H2GreenTECH Interreg SI-AT
Moderator: Dr. Dragica Marinič (ŠGZ)
- National Institute of Chemistry (Slovenia), lead project partner, Dr. Blaž Likozar Assist. Prof., Head of Department of Catalysis and Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Graz University of Technology (Austria), partner, Assoc.Prof. Dipl.Ing. Dr.techn Viktor Hacker
- Ministry of Education, Science and Sport (Slovenia), partner, Dr. Tomaž Boh, Director-General Science Directorate
- Burgenland Research (Austria), partner, Dr. Christian Seidl, project leader H2GreenTECH
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Štajerska (Slovenia), partner, Dr. Dragica Marinič, Head of Project Management Office
- Carinthia University of Applied Sciences (Austria), partner, Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Wolfgang Werth
- The Joint Secretariat SI-AT, Tadej Novak, Contract Manager
- Ministry of Energy and Climate Protection (Austria) (requested)
- Regionalmanagement Burgenland GmbH (Austria), Dr. Harald Ladich
09:45 Plenary – Hydrogen Technology
Moderator: Dr. Peter Kumer (MIZŠ)
- Ministry of Education, Science and Sport (Slovenia), Dr. Boštjan Grabner
- BEA – Burgenländische Energie Agentur / Forschung Burgenland, DI Johann Binder, Head of Department »Energy and Climate Protection
2. Research and Development:
- National Institute of Chemistry (Slovenia), Dr. Blaž Likozar Assist.
- Graz University of Technology (Austria), Assoc.Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.
techn Viktor Hacker
- Burgenland University of Applied Sciences (Austria) Prof. (FH) DI
(FH) Dr. Christian Heschl
- FH Kärnten (Austria), Heinz-Peter Liechtenecker
11: 15 Coffee Break
3.Economy / Industry
- Steklarna Hrastnik, d.o.o. (Slovenia), Tilen Sever, lead researcher
- Green Tech Cluster Styria GmbH (Austria), Johannes Kohlmaier, MSc.
- ACIES BIO, d.o.o. (Slovenia), Dr. Alex Kruis
- Competence Centre for Advanced Control Technologies (Slovenia), Dr. Zoran Marinšek
12:20 Coffee Break
Paving the way for the Roadmap on low-carbon technologies: a common Slovenian-Austrian agenda
Moderator: dr. Peter Kumer (MIZŠ)
14:30 Closing of the #1 Interregional Congress of the project H2GreenTECH
More information on H₂GreenTECH: webpage, Facebook, LinkedIn